Tuesday 12 August 2008

Erawan Waterfall, The Bridge Over The River Kwai, and Kanchanaburi


Back in Thailand after Nepal I was a mix of emotions, loving the familiarity, the fruit, and being one step closer to Amie, while missing the mountains and my friends from Nepal. Staying only one night in Bangkok I took off to Kanchanaburi to see Erawans 7-tiered waterfall. The pictures say more than I can really, so all I will say is it was a beautiful and relaxing place that I am glad to have visited. After the waterfall I went to see the bridge over he river kwai and rode the infamous death railway, looking at the hills of nearby myanmar as I bounced along. Kanchanaburi is one of the quietest places I have been in Thailand and also one of the most laid back. If I return to Thailand I will certainly be going there again. Leaving the little town however I was really happy, knowing that I was on my way to seeing Amie

No comments: